Avoid Eating These 4 Leftovers At All Cost! Especially the 4th One!


Do you eat the leftovers? Well many people do as all you should do is to reheat the remained food and it is ready for consummation.

But, did you know that reheating the dishes is not so harmless? According to some experts, there are certain types of food that should never be reheated. By reheating some of these 4 leftovers you may cause serious damage to your health.


Storing the vegetables improperly or reheating them is only dangerous for your health and it may be even fatal. According to the Center for Food Safety, leftover vegetables should always be stored at –4 °C. In order to store veggies for longer, you should freeze them. Spinach, beets, lettuce and celery contain high levels of nitrates which easily may accumulate if these veggies are exposed to room temperature and cause numerous problems. According to recent studies, nitrate can cause methemoglobinemia in children. This rare blood disorder is manifested with symptoms such as seizures, shortness of breath and fatigue.

Vegetable oil

Reheating meals made with vegetable oils is extremely dangerous. There are studies which have linked this with an increased risk of heart disease, stroke and cancer. Namely, recent studies showed that reheating polyunsaturated oils that contain linoleic acid (sunflower oil, canola and corn oil) releases 4-hydroxy-trans-2-nonenal (HNE), toxin that is derived from fatty acids. This toxin can cause harm to your health and this compound has been linked to heart disease, liver problems, Alzheimer’s, Huntington’s and some types of cancer. Vegetable oils should be used only once and you should never heat them to the point of releasing smoke.


Chicken meat is low in protein and when is heated for a second time, its composition alters to a more dangerous one. In fact, reheating cold chicken meat is allowed only if the inside of the meat is very hot. This particularly refers to people who use microwave, which sometimes doesn’t heat meals evenly. Remember that chicken meat can be consumed for up to 2 days.


In order to stay healthy you need to store rice properly. According to the Food Standard Agency, uncooked rice contains spores of harmful bacteria which can survive the first cooking process. So, when the rice is stored at room temperature, these spores start to multiply and cause various digestive issues. Experts explain that these spores can even survive the reheating and that is the reason why you should eat the cooked rice at once. If there are leftovers, you should freeze them instead of keeping the rice in the fridge until tomorrow.

Source: www.healthylifestyleadvice.com