Over the last few years, skin icing became very popular modern beauty ritual. Namely, this therapy for better looking skin has been used by many beauty experts in spas and skin care treatments due to its wide range of benefits.
Skin icing is great as:
- Refreshes the skin of your face
- Fights formation of wrinkles
- Combat acne and blemishes
- Increases the blood flow which results with healthy and glowing skin
Here are the benefits from this morning and evening ritual:
Skin icing has the ability to tighten and shrink enlarged pores by unclogging the pores that can appear larger which is caused by debris and excess sebum. Icing tones the face and makes it to look smoother.
Skin icing is a cheap skin toner and yet works great if is applied before makeup. Namely, this technique will minimize the pores underneath the makeup, and on that way the foundation will look smooth and flawless. Try icing your face and after that apply your primer.
By constricting the blood vessels which makes less blood to go to the skin surface, the skin icing increases the blood circulation. In fact, this is perfect solution for inflammation and swelling.
Relief for Puffy Eyes
By reducing swelling icing also reduces puffiness under the eyes.
Icing eases the signs of wrinkles and thus reduces creation of new wrinkles.
With skin icing you can reduce swelling and redness, which makes it great for pimples. In same time the ice soothes irritation.
Once you notice a new pimple simply try the skin icing technique and very soon it will slow the inflammation. In fact, this will help you to reduce the size and number of blemishes. All you need to do is to hold an ice cube on the acne for few seconds or until it feels a little numb. It is advisable to repeat the technique every other night.
Skin icing does not require any special effort or skills. You can perform it in the morning and/or evening. Follow these instructions:
- First step is thoroughly to cleanse your face.
- Take 1 – 2 ice cubes and wrap them in gauze or any other kind of soft cloth.
- Once the ice starts melting and dampens the cloth, apply it to the face.
- You should hold it on different areas on the face for 1 – 2 minutes.
- With gentle circular movements move the ice cubes. You need to go up along the chin and the jaw line, up the cheeks and along the forehead and nose. Pay special attention on the area underneath your eyes.
- Finish this procedure with toner, acne treatment or moisturizer.
A Final Note about Skin Icing
- Some women practice icing without covering the ice. In case you decide to try this method, it is advisable to wear gloves as after a while the ice becomes too cold to hold for long with a bare hand.
- You should not be concerned if using ice directly on the skin doesn’t appeal to you as you will get the same effects by holding the ice with washcloth.
- In case you utilize bare ice cube, you should not apply the ice straight from the freezer. Remember that extreme cold can break the capillaries under the skin.
- Another important thing is not to use bare ice on the skin that already has broken capillaries.
- Stop with the procedure if the cold becomes too uncomfortable. In fact, you should avoid icing one specific area longer than 15 minutes.
- For additional skin benefits, it is advisable to infuse the water for the ice cubes with lemon, rosewater, green tea, cucumber, chamomile tea and other skin-loving ingredients. The choice depends on your skin type and skin care it requires.